Valley Advocates Staff & Board
Valley Advocates for Responsible Development (more commonly know as VARD) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit citizens’ group working towards fair and predictable development that will benefit the entire community and future generations.
VARD is HIRING
Program & Development Associate, Valley Advocates for Responsible Development
Organization: Valley Advocates for Responsible Development (VARD)
Location: Driggs, ID
Contact: For questions, please contact Niki Richards at (208) 223-2328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties: VARD is seeking a Program & Development Associate with community planning experience and prefer a candidate with local and regional planning knowledge. Desired candidates possess a strong ability to analyze and interpret codes and community plans; ability to research planning projects; and the ability to attend meetings and usefully report. VARD’s Program & Development Associate will work as a financial development advocate to increase and maintain our donor base as well as identify grant opportunities from both private and governmental organizations and foundations. The position will support the Executive Director, Staff Attorney and program team in carrying out the mission of VARD.
- Bachelor’s degree in land use planning, public administration, economics, environmental studies, communications, marketing, or similar field is required.
- A J.D. or Masters in land use planning, public administration, economics, environmental studies, communications, marketing, or similar field is preferred.
- 1-3 years nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Exemplary education, experience, or demonstrable skills may be substituted for educational and/or experience requirements.
- Strong relationship building and public relations skills.
- Ability to balance multiple perspectives and seek solutions that correspond with VARDs mission.
- A sense of humor in stressful situations is a must!
How to apply: To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com.
Our Mission is to shape policy, guide development, and provide outreach to preserve natural resources, protect rural character, and promote vibrant communities in Teton Valley through civic action.
Our approach is a collaborative one. We seek to be a resource for local decision-makers and developers, as well as to educate and empower citizens to be involved in the local decision-making process.
We Believe in smart growth and thoughtful development that benefits and promotes vibrant communities and future generations.
Our Core Values are:
- Responsibility and accountability in our local government
- Civic engagement & public participation in the community development process
- Preservation & stewardship of our rural communities & local natural resources, and
- Serving as a free community educational resource for everyone.
Program Director/Staff Attorney
Program Associate & Office Manager