The Program and Development Associate will have two critical functions: 1) he or she will be the principal financial development advocate working to increase and maintain the donor base and to identify grant opportunities from both private and governmental organizations and foundations; 2) he or she will work with and support the Executive Director and Program Director in carrying out the mission of VARD. The ability to work with a multi-disciplinary staff and to multi-task to meet the needs of the organizations are critical. The successful candidate will possess a background in law, land use planning, real estate, public administration, environmental studies, or, ideally, a combination thereof. The Program and Development Associate will report to the Executive Director and/or Program Director. Responsibilities include:
- Manage donor database
- Maintain donor relations
- Assist team with fundraising and marketing events and campaigns
- Research grant opportunities and assist team with grant applications
- Lead implementation of strategic development plan
- Research issues in collaboration with Executive and Program Director
- Collaborate with team on issue positioning
- Attend public meetings, report on key decisions/actions, and provide public comment.
- Assist team with collaborative community projects and educational forums
- Stay abreast of planning, environmental, economic development, and government issues in Teton Valley and the surrounding region
- Assist VARD team with communications
- Assist VARD team with organizing events
- Assist VARD team with other duties as assigned
Education and experience requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in land use planning, public administration, economics, environmental studies, or similar field is required.
- A J.D. or Masters in land use planning, public administration, economics, environmental studies, or similar field is preferred.
- 1-3 years nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Strong relationship building, public relations and solicitation skills.
- A sense of humor in stressful situations.
(Note: Exemplary education, experience, or demonstrable skills may be substituted for educational and/or experience requirements.)
For questions, please contact Shawn Hill at (307) 413-4514 or email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.